Attestation for Certain Heald College Students Application
Application for Borrower Defense to Repayment Loan Discharge
The Department of Education has found that at various times between 2010 and 2014, Heald College published misleading job placement rates for many of its programs of study.
This form is designed to expedite the process of obtaining loan forgiveness based on borrower defense to repayment for loans taken out by Heald College students to enroll
in these programs. This form covers federal Direct Loans received on or after July 1, 2010. A list of covered programs and dates of enrollment is available
at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/sites/default/files/heald-findings.pdf. Please fill out
this attestation ONLY IF your program and dates of enrollment are included on this list.
Heald College students who did not attend programs where the Department of Education found misleading job placement rates, or whose decision to enroll was not influenced
by those job placement rates, may still be eligible for loan forgiveness based on borrower defense to repayment. Additional instructions to file a claim for loan forgiveness
can be found at studentaid.ed.gov.
Step 1: Understanding How to Electronically Submit
You have chosen to electronically submit an Application for Borrower Defense to Repayment Loan Discharge. Please read the below information about the electronic submission process.
Information about using the electronic application process:
- As part of the submission process, you will be asked to upload documentation to confirm enrollment in the program of study at Heald College. Please prepare those electronic documents prior to starting the electronic application process. Each attachment must be less than 20 MB in size.
- To sign the form, you will be requested to upload a digital image of your signature which will be inserted into the completed application. Please prepare that image prior to starting the electronic application process.
- The application will time out after one hour of inactivity on a single page. After that time, any information entered will be lost, and you will need to complete a new request.
- After successful completion of your electronic request, you will have an opportunity to download and save a completed copy for your records.
- A .pdf reader will be required to view and print your saved application, but is not required for the electronic submission of the application.
If you wish to review a read-only version of the form prior to completing the electronic application, choose the view form button below prior to continuing